Friday, April 17, 2009

Bhanudas Gawandi (People and Places)

It was the 12.00 pm of December 1997 and i was among the crowd waiting for bus for industrial estate at cuncolim bus stop. Just passed out my graduation from science in october 1997
,there was interview call at one chemical factory scheduled at 12.30 pm. Holding certificates file in left hand i just checked my shirts pocket , O god there were only 7 Rs in my pocket. Now lacks of flashes started in front of my eyes and clouds of thoughts started gathering in mind. How to reach for life's first interview and then back to home. My residence was about 100 kms from cuncolim. With depressed mind , a conclusion was made to attend interview first and then make walk up to home. Time was running , now it was 12.20 in my watch and a person arrived there on a scooter. He was my fathers student in 70's and was working some where in mapusa. His scooter passed in front of me and i made helpless smile. Scooter travelled some distance and turned back. He stopped and asked me " Hey your face is little familiar to me , are you bandekar sir's son?" . And from here on wards things moved like a bollywood styled movie. On the way to interview place i told him the whole story that how i forgot the cash given by father at home and now running out of cash. Bhanudas helped to reach interview site , given me food at restaurant ; dropped me at margao bus stand and even placed some rupees in my empty pocket. On the way to margao i asked him about his job at mapusa. In turn Bhanudas replied that he is now employed in electricity department and transferred to margao a week ago. After a weeks time i joined my new job and my industry carrier started shaping. He was real angel i ever met in my life at that time.

No comments: